Leap Beer: When you go to the bar intending to have just one beer and end up drinking four. e.g. Fred looks up from his empty glass to see his best pal walk in, "I guess this is gonna be a Leap Beer."
The Brewers Guild's Mission Statement
The Guild’s mission is to grow the value and quality of the New Zealand beer sector while maintaining integrity with its members, the Industry and the public as a whole.
The Brewers Guild of New Zealand operates as a collective voice for the brewing industry. The Guild’s aim is to reflect the majority view of its members in a transparent manner and to act with vision for the future of the New Zealand brewing industry through education, training and communication.
What does the Brewers Guild do?
The Brewers Guild of New Zealand is an Incorporated Society that represents the interests of the brewing industry. It does this by:
- Organising New Zealand's annual Beer Awards
- Negotiating with Government on legal, licensing, fiscal and excise issues
- Sharing and disseminating information to members through the website and meetings
- Collecting and disseminating information of value to members regarding laws, provisions, directives relating to brewing in New Zealand
- Collecting industry statistics
- Providing a spokesperson who can promote the point of view of the members
- Educating members and the public
- Promoting the positive aspects of beer