“In 1980 there were only 3 Craft Breweries in New Zealand. In 2011 there were over 50, trending much #craftbeer!”
Head Brewer - Tuatara Brewing Company
Tuatara Brewing Company is taking on the world with outstanding, hand crafted beers. Our mission is to free the world from the tyranny of bad beer! So we brew 'true to style' but with a distinctly Kiwi twist that delivers world class, hand crafted, full flavour, Aotearoa beer.
We are looking for a Head Brewer to help us build a long term, sustainable, World Class business, with our feet on the ground right here in the Kapiti Coast, a stones throw from Wellington: the craft beer capital of the Southern Hemisphere! We love being "Local" but have our eye on the big wide world. You'll have a significant role in us getting us there!
Our philosophy is Real Beer, Real People, Real Brewery, Real Ingredients with a Kiwi Twist.
We value Brand Integrity, Open Communication, Ownership, Focus, Strong Culture & Health & Safety.
As Head Brewer you will need to have:
• Strong leadership and communication skills, the drive and energy to mentor a dedicated young brew team.
• A brewing qualification and at least 4 years practical experience commercial brewing is essential.
• A strong focus on Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement processes.
• An excellent palate and superb attention to detail.
• Creativity and an innovative approach to New Product Development.
• The ability to role model Health and Safety and experience leading health and safety initiatives.
• Clean and full car licence essential. Forklift experience necessary, licence preferred.
• Mechanically adept, can troubleshoot any issues that arise with plant or equipment.
• Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
Tuatara feels like a family business and there is no doubt that fitting in with the team is important to this role. We work hard, love creating quality beer and we have a heap of fun doing it! It's fair to say we enjoy a bit of banter around the brewery.
If you have the experience we are looking for and want to play a part in the Tuatara story please send your CV direct to our recruitment partner Julia Palmer - email@example.com, or give Julia a call on 027 595 0146 if you need further information.