Nelson is the Craft Brewing Capital of New Zealand, find out more at www.craftbrewingcapital.co.nz
National Sales role at Garage Project
Garage Project in the lookout for a New Zealand Sales Manager.
Garage Project is a small brewery, located in an old petrol station in Wellington. It's an unlikely place for a brewery but our aim in the Garage is to create unique and beautiful beers. We like pushing boundaries, reinterpreting styles and challenging the notions of what beer can be. We're here to try something new and so far that seems to be working out pretty well for us. So much so, we’re on the lookout for a New Zealand Sales Manager to help lead and guide the continued growth of the brewery, for both on and off-premise realtionships, across all channels.
Reporting into the general manager, the main function of the role is to grow our relationships with our customers. You’ll need to be more “Farmer” than “Hunter” with the focus being on strong, long term sustaiblabe relationships with our customers. To start, you’ll lead the NZ sales effort with one direct report. This will likely grow to have responsibiltiy for other markets and additional headcount, as we grow.
Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage, but we’re open to people with sales and relationship management experiene across a range of industries. The right person and cultural fit is key for us, but you’ll have the sales toolkit to get the job done:
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent relationship management & building skills
- Appropriate selling & account management work experience covering large territories in the field of consumer goods
- Key account and call cycle managment
- Tech savvy, computer literate and solid analytical abilities
- Great selling skills
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Hold a valid driver’s license and no fears of; red-eye flights or cheap hotel breakfast bars
Remuneration is negotiable and would be dependent on experience/qualifications. You’ll be provided with; laptop, mobile phone and ipad. The role is based at the brewery - 68 Aro Street, Wellington, but you’d be expected to spend a week to 10 days outside Wellington a month.
Of course we’d love to read your resume but of more interest to us is your ‘pitch’. Tell us why you? And what you’d bring to the team? Send your pitch to Jason.