Leap Beer: When you go to the bar intending to have just one beer and end up drinking four. e.g. Fred looks up from his empty glass to see his best pal walk in, "I guess this is gonna be a Leap Beer."
Second Brewer Position
Tuatara Brewing Company - we're a little battler of a brand, one of the few 100% NZ owned breweries, taking on the world with outstanding, hand crafted beers. We brew 'true to style' but with a distinctly Kiwi twist that delivers world class, hand crafted, full flavour, Aotearoa beer.
Our intent is to build a long term, sustainable, world class business, with our feet on the ground (in Wellington: the craft beer capital of the Southern Hemisphere!) but our eye on the big wide world. You will have a significant role in us succeeding in this goal!
Yes, you will need to love craft beer, lavish care in making it and enjoy coming up with creative brews (oh and want to work on the Kapiti Coast!). There's also a few extra bits we need for this position. Own these and we'd love to hear from you.
- Experience in commercial brewing is essential (minimum 2 years).
- A brewing qualification, or FMCG manufacturing (supervisory level experience) is preferred.
- Creative and innovative approach to brewing and NPD processes.
- Experience working within health and safety guidelines, ideally experience leading health and safety initiatives.
- Clean and full car licence essential. Forklift experience necessary, licence preferred.
- Mechanically adept, i.e. you can fix what you break!
- Good Microsoft excel and word skills.
And, awesome if you are:
- Passionate about the global craft beer movement (and most importantly, our beer!).
- Reliable and committed to doing a great job.
- Have superb attention to detail.
- An excellent communicator.
- Passionate about continuous improvement.
- Highly adaptable and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- A team leader/team player.
Tuatara is a family oriented business and there is no doubt that fitting in with the team is important to this role. We work hard, value new product development, brewer mentoring and it's fair to say, we enjoy a bit of banter around the brewery.
An interest and appreciation of craft beer and food matching would also help.
What you will be doing:
This role will be working under the Head Brewer to actively lead brewing operations in the brewhouse, tankfarm and cellar. You will:
- have positive and creative input to the NPD process.
- schedule filtration to meet packaging requirements as discussed in production planning meetings.
- ensure that cellar equipment is operating efficiently and safely.
- ensure all beer is filtered and prepared to specification, ready in time for packaging.
For all enquiries, please contact Julia Palmer, Star People HR & Recruitment, or email your cv to email@example.com
M 027 595 0146 T 04 293 4833