“In 1980 there were only 3 Craft Breweries in New Zealand. In 2011 there were over 50, trending much #craftbeer!”
Want to be Part of Building a New Zealand Icon?
Emerson’s is on the lookout for a smart, passionate and talented brewer who wants to make a real difference, and craves being a part of the diverse and fast growing craft beer industry. We brew and deliver our iconic range of beers in a fast-paced market and working environment, and are about to go into the most exciting phase of growth our brewery’s history.
We have an opportunity for a passionate craft brewer to join our brewing team. This role is based in Dunedin at our new brewery and will report to our Senior Brewer.
As one of our brewing team you will play an integral part in brewing our range of core beers and developing new beers using our newly set up brewhouse and pub brewery. This is a once in a career opportunity to be part of the brewcrew that launches our new brewery and pub into the next phase of our journey.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure high quality brewing of Emerson’s core range to specification and recipe
- Maintain fermentation records and brewsheets
- Manage ferments through to completion and conditioning
- Ensure beers are fined and filtered to specification and meet packaging demand forecasts
- Maintain cellar record sheets
- Provide technical support to the brewing team
- Develop limited release and special edition beers in a team environment
- Maintain and support the brewing team with our environmental programmes
- Take the lead on procedures and records according to our Food Safety and Beer Quality Plan
- Beer quality assurance programme development and ‘active’ monitoring
- Appearance at brand events from time to time
To be successful in this role you will have
- A passion for brewing craft beer
- Experience in craft beer brewing
- Proven achievements and track record of success in a similar role
- Experience in leading a small production team
If being part of something special excites you and you aren’t afraid to roll your sleeves as part of a small, passionate team, please send us your application – we can’t wait to hear from you!
Please click here to apply online. Applications Close 30/08/16.