Casual Tour Guide - Speight's Brewery
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Tour Guide with a passion for both the Speight's brand and its history to join the team at the spiritual home of Speight's in Dunedin.
The Speight's Brewery Tour is an innovative, interactive, entertaining and educational beer experience that welcomes local and international visitors daily. Our guests have the opportunity to see, touch, smell and taste the ingredients used in the brewing process, and will learn about the history of Speight's through multi-media and interactive experiences within the brewery itself.
To ensure that the Speight's Brewery Tour continues to be a successful Dunedin attraction, we are now looking to appoint someone who shares our passion for Speight's products and heritage.
To be successful in the role you will demonstrate:
• Enthusiasm, energy, a high level of personal presentation, and have excellent people and communication skills
• a positive attitude with the ability to be solutions focussed in challenging situations
• Familiarity with Speight's history, beer industry-knowledge would be highly regarded
• A willingness to work flexible part-time hours (evenings & weekends) and a commitment to ongoing learning is essential to this role
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Previous experience in a similar role - Tour Guide, Hospitality or Tourism Industry
• Current General Manager’s Certificate
• Retail/merchandising experience
• Bilingual or multi-lingual advantageous
• Provide on-going training
• An excellent team culture
• Competitive remuneration
• Flexible hours
• Bonus structure
Our culture of personal achievement and wellbeing provides the opportunity for a fulfilling career. If you meet these skills and qualifications we look forward to receiving your application.