Closes: Nov 30, 2020
Hot Water Brewing Company, has an exciting opportunity for a full time, experienced Head Brewer.
Hot Water Brewing Company are a small, family owned and operated brewery/brew bar located on the iconic Coromandel Peninsula near beautiful beaches including Hahei, Hot Water Beach and Cathedral Cove. We work hard but enjoy living a relaxed, outdoor lifestyle and making the most of our scenic surroundings. We are looking for a like-minded person with commercial brewing experience/skills to join our (awesome) team.
We are rural based, established in 2013, on the Coromandel operating a 2500L system with onsite semi-automatic canning machine. Our philosophy is cans, good beer in – good beer out. Hot Water Brewing Co produces award winning beers in both kegs and cans, and are always looking to develop new flavours and expand our market.
We distribute nationally, locally and run our own sales in the wider, upper North Island region.
• The Head Brewer role is a sole charge, autonomous position which encompasses many facets of a small business, primarily brewing and quality maintenance.
• The role includes overall responsibility for all aspects of the brewery operations and production process, including brewing, canning, quality, and reporting.
• The Head Brewer role leads the development of recipes, brew production, forecasting, excise obligations including keg/canning and the continued development of brewery related policies including Health and Safety.
• The role includes all aspects of sales and marketing including social media, deliveries, events and developing/maintaining customer relations.
As Head Brewer you will need to be:
• Practically minded and self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Experienced in commercial brewing, minimum of 3 years experience and/or relevant brewing qualification with demonstrated experience brewing quality beer.
• Mechanically proficient with ability to trouble shoot issues that might arise within the brewery
• Creative with flavour development, with good knowledge and understanding of NZ craft beer market
• A team player with effective communication skills and a willingness to work with the larger brew pub team and other onsite businesses.
• For operational requirements, must have valid manual driver’s licence and be physically fit.
For more information about the position, please contact us:
To apply for the role, please email email@example.com with your full application letter, CV and references.
07 866 3830