Become a Member
Why join the Brewers Guild of New Zealand? Because the greater our collective strength the more we can achieve!
Our primary purpose is to represent our members by being a voice for our diverse industry. The past two years have shown that now, more than ever we need to stand together and have a strong voice to represent New Zealand’s brewing industry.
It’s not all about governance and regulatory though – building a strong community of like-minded individuals is our common goal. Our membership group are great at sharing, whether that is knowledge, experience or the odd bit of equipment!
The Guild and our members are darn good at celebrating the win’s and at supporting each other when the going gets tough!
Our members are Kiwi brewers, brewing industry workers and representatives who are all about creating ONE voice for our industry. Meet some of our members in the video below:
Exclusive Member Benefits
As a member of the Brewers Guild of New Zealand, you are joining a member-based collective whose strength comes from the collaboration of the organisations and individuals within our industry.
Not only are you joining a hugely supportive group who all have a common goal, you also get to access some great member only deals. Click below to see all the details about joining the Brewers Guild of New Zealand.
Here are just a few reasons why being a member of the guild is a great idea:
- You get to have a say on the future of YOUR industry! Members get to elect their board, and contribute directly on responses to Government consultation on the big issues - labelling requirements, Container Return Scheme, Environmental Stewardship - remember a collective voice is often louder!
- You get DISCOUNTS on your entries to the New Zealand Beer Awards - with average entries across our brewery members being just over 10 beers entered, that equates to a saving of $900! You also get discounted tickets to the celebration functions.
- You get DISCOUNTS on other handy services - including advertising - check out the membership PDF for more details. We've got some pretty great partners who are keen to support our industry.
- You can access discounted Cicerone programme qualifications - not just for you, but all of your staff too. There are also special member prices on other education activity throughout the year.
- The Guild is committed to helping our members get involved in areas of social responsibility and positive working cultures. We are working with Pride Pledge and other organisations to help your businesses navigate these processes. We want to see the Brewing industry be proactive in these areas, and we will do what we can to help make it as easy as possible!
- We have all sorts of resources on the website that you can access - the idea is to make your life easier but using the resources and templates we have available.
- You can advertise your jobs with us - so you are going direct to industry - hopefully it helps filter out any tyre-kickers!
- You get a FREE listing on the #NZAletrail website - plus social links, digital campaigns and more as we work hard to educate NZ on BEER Tourism. http://www.nzaletrail.com
What our members are saying:
"Shining Peak has been a member of the Brewers Guild since the day of our inception. The Guild has provided many valuable resources and support throughout the years, and the levels of communication and availability have always been at the utmost. Plus, the Brewers Guild Awards night is always one heck of a party. I would encourage anyone involved in the industry to become a member and take advantage of all the guild has to offer." Jesse Sigurdsson, Shining Peak Brewery
"I believe strongly in voluntary cooperation and the principle of the rising tide that floats all boats. The water that makes up that rising tide, and helps us all float a little higher is the Brewers Guild. They provide invaluable resources that allow us, the members, to focus on our core business. Be it health and safety advice, an interface to tourism, a valuable lobbying voice for brewer interests, or just a forum to share and connect us all, the Guild has got our backs. The more of us who join, the stronger we can all be together." Grieg McGill, Brewaucracy